Top 10 News Flashes of 2015 (so far):
10. We had our first run-in with an emergency medical situation earlier in April when Audrey fell off the couch and hit her forehead on the coffee table. I should have known that her announcement - "Daddy you are too big to come into the bounce house" - was a precursor for disaster. She was a champ though in the ER, six stitches and her forehead is healing just fine, and she's back to jumping on the couch, sliding down fireman poles, you name it. She's fearless. Yay.
9. We bought a new house. It is about a mile south of our current house, still in the Butler Tarkington neighborhood we love. More, much-needed space, a fun backyard, a bathroom that I don't have to share with my kids, and a basement that can host the kids' sleep overs some day. Yay.
8. We do not move into said new house until August. Boo.
7. We sold our house. It was only on the market for three days before we got a good offer, so that was great. Still working on the details of the inspection, but I'm hopeful that it's all going to go through. Should close in May. Yay (though I will also really miss our first home).
6. We will be living with Blake's parents while we are homeless. I think it will be fun to be there over the summer, on the water, and will give the kids a fun chance for more bonding with their Mimi and Poppy. It's a "Yay" for me and hopefully for everyone else involved as well!
5. Evan and Audrey are now sharing a room and mostly sleeping through the night. They will continue to share a room into the foreseeable future and don't seem to mind. Yay.
4. I was recognized as an Up and Coming Lawyer by Indiana Lawyer (a news publication for lawyers). I feel very humbled and honored and grateful that my hard work is not going unrecognized. Yay.
3. We are in the market for a mini van and open to recommendations on the preferred make and model. Cannot wait for sliding doors so that Audrey can get herself in and out of the car. Yay.
1. I am overwhelmed by my life and the changes on the horizon. But, we are a go big or go home kind of family. Even when we don't technically have a home. And, more Yays than Boos. So that's another yay.
Hope your life is full of yays, too.