"Where have all the cowboys gone?" {FLASHBACK ALERT}

{This post was drafted at the turn of the new year in 2016 and sat unpublished until now, July 15, 2020... wow}

Is the song lyric that is playing on repeat in my head right now.
That's the only line I know of that song.
With "hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name" tuning in every so often.
Also the only lyric I know of that song.
I might have once known more, but my brain is currently in survival mode.
Cutting out the extras and living way more day-to-day and line-to-line than I typically allow myself.
It's not survival mode in a bad way, but just in a "just went back to work from 4 months of maternity leave, survived the holidays and three sick kids, and even when the kids sleep through the night, I do not" kind of way.

Life is good.
The days are long but the years are short.
They grow so fast.
Time flies.

All true. If you need proof, just check out these photos from the last 4 months:


September 8, 2015, at about 8:30am.
Archie on day 1, 4 months ago.

Archie-pants on day 1, 4 months ago.



How is my baby 4.5! Kindergarten applications are in.
The cutest stinker out there. We call him Jekyll and Hyde.

Traded in the bungalow for a fraternity house. Kappa Beta Epsilon.

Evan just graduated to the Twos classroom at school. Big boy. Hates pants.

Love these kids and our home and Blake. Happy New Year.


Comments

Popular Posts