I Think I'm Hanging on Just Fine

This article, which has been popping up all over my Facebook news feed, really has me thinking. For all this thinking (most of which took place last night between the hours of 2 and 4am) I don't have much yet in the way of conclusions, bright ideas, or solutions. I'm kind of still inputting the questions and data and waiting to run the analysis, if you will. But, I feel like some kind of response is needed and on the tip of my tongue. Until I can spit it out in meaningful way - chew on these nuggets:

Audrey experiments with mommy's undergarments.

Audrey experiments with masks and bird calls.

Audrey experiments with a future in 4H.
Audrey experiments with gravity.

Mommy also experiments with undergarments and gravity.
Enjoy. More to come.

Kate

Comments

  1. I am with you Kate, there are so many things I want to say, but I don't know what they are.

    I work for many reasons. For myself, for my family. There are days it's tough and I wish I stayed home with Harper, but there are days I am so happy I come to work to do something I'm good at, and I still get to go home and be Mommy for a few hours. Is there a perfect solution for a woman? Probably not. Is that frustrating? Some days, yes. But everyone does what's right for their family at that moment in time.

    I just hope I don't look back one day and regret my decisions. But I hope that for all decisions.

    (Also, this really stung. "Two decades ago, insured American women, on average, paid nothing. Today the average out-of-pocket cost with insurance is $3,400, with many insured women paying much more, and uninsured mothers charged tens of thousands of dollars." My parents paid $10 for me in 1982 and $12 for my sister in 1985. That's the cost of one ibuprofen at the hospital now.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts