For the last nine months or so I have bargained with Sprout and Mother Nature over just one thing... my best friend Maggie's wedding. (I've bargained with God over other important stuff like a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby.) You may already know this from previous posts, but Sprout's due date (May 8th) and Maggie's wedding day (May 7th) were kind of close. Though I tried to be positive in thinking that I would be able to attend the wedding and serve in my role as Matron of Honor, I was also realistic in knowing that it may not be possible. There were times when I considered RSVPing "no" just to avoid the disappointment, especially since the wedding was a two hour drive away in Cincinnati. Many people, including some of my doctors, looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned the possibility of going to the wedding. Others, probably sensing my sadness at the prospect of missing my best friend's wedding, encouraged me and said "maybe it will work out!"
|BFF's at the rehearsal dinner|
|Mr. and Mrs. Nate Parkhouse!|
|Making a smooth exit|
|Congratulations, Maggie! I love you!|
|Check out the cute cake toppers...|
|Slow (very slow) dancing with my dad!|
|My dad, me and Mary Anne|
|Proud Blaker ;)|
|High school friends|
Of course, I may now pay the price for the wonderful gift of being able to attend the wedding - Sprout is STILL in no hurry to make an appearance! I guess he or she took me seriously when I asked for patience and no drama! The doctor noted very little progress at my appointment yesterday and I'm now just waiting for the OB nurse to call to schedule my induction date. Boo. It won't be until the weekend though and I'm still hoping to that things will get started on their own before then... so, we'll see!
In the meantime, please, no advice on how to get labor started. We've heard it all and about all I can tolerate is the walking and spicy food :) Both of which I am trying at every opportunity...