Long-Overdue but Not Much Good and Random

So, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get ultrasound pictures into the computer in a way that lets me post them to the blog!  I know it can be done though and am happily accepting your suggestions on how to do it...

A post about our ultrasound appointment (that was over a month ago at 22 weeks) doesn't seem like much of a post without the pictures, but, I will share this:

- Sprout is adorable
- Sprout appears to have all of the appropriate parts in all of the appropriate places
- Sprout is modest and/or a bit stubborn
- Blake probably felt more like a dad at the ultrasound, seeing his baby on the screen, than he had up to that point
- I felt utterly relieved to know that there was a human baby and not an alien moving around in there

and most importantly...

- Sprout's gender is going to be a surprise, so please stop asking :)

I have my next appointment later this morning and am somewhat dreading the 1-hour glucose tolerance test that I'm all signed up for.  Eating turkey and cheese for breakfast was bad enough...  I'm hoping I pass, as I am not used to failing tests of an sort.  More importantly, I hope I pass because I want to be healthy, have a healthy baby, and have a complication free pregnancy!  I also hear that failing the 1-hour test leads to a longer, more painful 3-hour test and that failure of that test may ultimately mean that your baby is 10 pounds or something at birth.  That, my friends, would not be good for my 5"2 frame or my lady parts.

In other news, whether its pregnancy related or just dry skin caused by the weather and showers that are way too hot, I don't know, but my stretched-out tummy has erupted in a red, itchy bitchy rash that is hindering my sleep and annoying me pretty much every minute of every day for the last two days.  I picked up various oatmeal-based products at CVS and am going to try a couple of other home remedies this evening, in hopes that I can sleep through the night tonight.  And if not, thank God I'll see the doctor at some point between drinking the cool-aid and having my blood drawn...

In lieu of ultrasound photos... a few of my favorite things...

Love Sandra Boynton! Moo.

Love this little lambie onesie!

Love this diaper cake! Thanks, Casey!


Off to drink the cool-aid,
Kate

Comments

  1. Hey Kate! I've totally been lurking and reading your blog, and I might have some info on your mystery rash. A friend in my moms group had this same thing BIG time when she was pregnant, its called PUPPP, Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy. I'm not sure what she used for it but I'd be more than happy to ask if need be. Good luck!
    http://dermatology.about.com/cs/pregnancy/a/puppp.htm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts