The Results are In

And I do not have gestational diabetes or any of the other conditions (low iron, for example) that I was tested for last week!  That, my friends, is great news for any mom-to-be, but especially for a worrier like me!  Other than my own touch-and-go concerns about my low weight gain (which have been more go than touch the last few weeks, as I've now gained 15lbs) and this rash (which is starting to clear up after a strict regiment of cold showers and hydrocortisone cream), I'm feeling so blessed to still be in good health (and to qualify for the most preferred rating offered by my life insurance company...)  Let's just hope it stays that way for the next 12 weeks or so!

In other news, the nursery is just about complete and I can't wait to share photos... just need to finalize our plans for what is going on the walls and pick out a new light fixture!  I'm also having a serious urge to do things like re-paint all the doors (entry and closet) in the house which are starting to look dingy for some reason, wash the bathroom walls, detail the floor boards, hose down the basement, clean out the garage... are these feelings a part of what they call nesting?  If I had more time, I'm pretty sure I'd be sewing curtains and would have Sprout's baptism gown halfway ready to wear (I have big plans for this baptism gown... we'll see if they materialize during my maternity leave!)

Speaking of photos, could someone please invent a camera that floats around in my general vicinity and takes pictures of picture-worthy moments for me?  All such moments in my life are plagued by either the complete lack of a photo-capturing device or me remembering to use said photo-capturing device.  Even now that I have this fantastic camera that I got for Christmas, not many more photos are being taken than were before! I HAVE to get better at this before Sprout arrives!  I need to work on getting some more bump pics too...

Even with an unfinished nursery, dusty floorboards, dingy doors, and no photos... I'm happy tonight to have my health.  My prayers go out to those who don't.

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts