The things I need to do before the world ends.

I don't believe that the world is going to end today. I believe in Jesus and the Bible (and Christmas) and that the end of the world will be a surprise to everyone. Even the Pope. I also can't help but wonder this - where are the Mayans now? I mean, they were clearly an intelligent bunch, developing all that art, architecture, and written language and so forth. But, if they were so expert at predictions, why stop there? What have they done of note lately? No disrespect intended, but I just don't buy it. I can't. I can't because I don't have time. I don't have time to worry about something that may or may not happen. I need to get shit done. Here are the things that I need or really really want to do before 11:11pm tonight, in no particular order:

- Snuggle with my baby.
- Snuggle with my puppy.
- Snuggle with my husband.
- Eat a fried chicken sandwich for lunch.
- Finish drinking this cup of coffee.
- Buy Audrey some snow boots.
- Force Audrey to wear said snow boots.
- Force Audrey to frolic in the snow so I can take pictures.
- Finish wrapping the last of the Christmas gifts.
- Snuggle with my baby.
- Finish a project at work.
- Eat the leftover spaghetti in my refrigerator for dinner.
- Finish off the box of chocolates my assistant gave me.
- Get a manicure.
- Finish the laundry.
- Clean out my inbox.
- Talk to my brother about his weekend plans.
- Finish reading the magazine on my nightstand.
- Clean out the DVR.

And that's just the next 14 hours. There are about a million other things I need or really want to do before the end of it all. But, just thinking about it, I sure will surely appreciate those snuggles and fried chicken sandwich more than usual.

Kate

Comments

Popular Posts