4 1 96 13+ 11 153 129

Most of you who read and/or follow my blog are also either (1) my close family and friends or (2) my facebook friends. Thus, you already know the biggest news that there is to know about the Erdel family right now:

We are expanding again!

And we couldn't be happier. Well, I could be happier. If I didn't gag all day long, I would be happier. If I could sleep through the night, I would be happier. But, other than that, we really couldn't be happier. And, the end to those things is in sight. The magical second trimester is right around the corner. And I loved that part of my first pregnancy. And, I plan to love it again this time . And now, your questions answered, by the numbers:

4. How many months we tried before getting pregnant. Long in the grand scheme of things? No. Long compared to how long it takes many women to get pregnant? No. Do I feel lucky? Yes. But, when you are trying, 14 days between events seems like an eternity and, even though you know it's normal, you start to worry that something is wrong. My prayers and compassion go out to all of those I know who are still trying. Your babies will come when the time is right!

1. How many miscarriages (we think) we had this time. But, unlike last time, it was so early that it really didn't register. Sad? Yes. Very sad? No. Thank you for not asking the details. We are lucky. And again, prayers out to those who are still waiting.

96. How many days pregnant I am. Or for those of you who can't do that kind of math, 13 weeks and a few days.

11. My due date. In October. Probably the day this one will be born as I'm leaning towards a scheduled c-Section this time around. No pitocin, ever again. No labor and then a section, ever again. And the term "VBAC" makes me think of a Dyson. Doesn't exactly evoke smooth-birth-experience feelings. Plus, the 11th is a Friday. A weekend at the hospital sounds awesome.

153. The baby's heart rate at our ob check-up today.

129. How much I weighed at today's appointment. That's with my clothes and shoes on. By my estimate and home weigh-ins, I can safely gain 21 more lbs. Sweet.

The other most frequently asked question (either aloud or in your head): Are you going to find out if it's a boy or a girl? Are you going to trick us again? We don't know. Seriously. We don't. Have until May 16th to decide.

So, with that, thanks for your good wishes and prayers for a continued smooth pregnancy!

Kato+1

Comments

  1. Congrats! Having 2 is awesome.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    No seriously it is. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kate! Love reading your family journey :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts