Laughter

Between July being the saddest month of the year for me (the memory of a miscarriage, the anniversary of my mom's death and the recent death of Blake's uncle, Tom) and having to start back at work last week, the last few weeks have been a bit stressful and accompanied by more than a tear or two.  At times, the stress and sadness can seem permanent and all-consuming.  Like they will never fade and perhaps only get worse.

But then, when I least expect it, the clouds break and time rolls on, bringing me back to all that is good.  In the brightest moments, the ones I find myself living for on the most difficult days, there is laughter.  By God, there is laughter.

Thanks to Toby...

What? This amazing play mat with dangley things isn't for me?

 Thanks to Audrey...



And special thanks to my hair...

Geeze, Mom, you are so embarrassing.

I might watch the You Tube video ten times a day for the next week!  Of course, not from the office though.

Wishing you belly laughs galore,
Barbara, Barbara Bush

Comments

Popular Posts