Sprout's First (and maybe only) Bachelorette Party!

The only thing comparably as exciting as Sprout's upcoming birthday this spring is the wedding of my very best friend, Maggie. 

Me and Maggie at Cafe Iberico for lunch

The only thing comparably as anxiety inducing as the thoughts of labor and bringing home a newborn that I may not really know how to take care of is the thought of missing the wedding of my very best friend, Maggie.  Both Sprout's arrival and Maggie's nuptials are scheduled for... the same weekend.  I believe that good things happen in threes though, so maybe, just maybe, we'll get (1) Maggie married, (2) a new baby, AND (3) Kate present for both events.

Me and Maggie pre-shower
Since it's questionable whether I'll be able to make it to Maggie's wedding and serve in my role as Matron of Honor, I really felt like I had to do my very best to show her how much I love her by throwing a great bachelorette party. Enter a weekend of friends, drinks (for the non-preggos), food, fire (don't ask), pretty undies, disgusting pizza, and laughter in Chicago!

  

Mmm, looking forward to red wine...

More food!

  I had a great time planning and I think everyone else had a great time partying.  Here's to hoping that the stars align in May so that I can be at Maggie's wedding to support her and love her the way she's always done for me.

The Matron

Comments

Popular Posts