Blog in Crisis Mode

Okay. It's not really a crisis. It's just a serious case of writer's block. Or apathy about the value of the words, space and time I devote to Expanding Erdels. It's being fueled by the winter grays, Audrey's viral symptoms and pathetic little cough, post-meal vomits all over me and the furniture, and weekly trips to the pediatrician's office. So, despite the fact that lots of fun and memorable milestones and events have occurred since my last post, I've been unable and kind of even unwilling to share them until now. Let's just recap and maybe it will get me back on track...

Audrey is crawling (forwards and backwards)! Awesome. Really it is. I know lots of parents bemoan the day their child mobilized. I celebrated it though. Here is this adorable and amazing little person who exited my body totally dependant on me and now she is growing and learning to be her own little person. The world is her oyster and she wants to get at it! I'm so proud of her and though I never want to see her crawl (or walk or run) away from me, it's my job to nurture her independence and give her the confidence she needs to get where she's going.

She also has one little bottom tooth peeking out and another on the way. It hasn't bothered her too much, though she has been putting things in her mouth and drooling more than usual.

In other news. I turned 30. And was lucky to be able to celebrate the event with my three bffs Jamie, Maggie, and Lauren, who surprised me with a night out and recovery morning at the spa. I also got to celebrate with Blake, my family from Cincinnati, and my in-laws here in town. I don't feel 30. Maybe I will though when I turn 40?

And, in case you've been under a rock for the last few weeks, and missed it, the Super Bowl came to town. And I enjoyed it big time. Now, I did not enjoy the traffic or trying to get out of downtown after work during the week leading up to the big game. But, I did enjoy this beverage on my "day off" and I absolutely LOVED the glorious weather we had. Of course, now winter is back and I'm depressed. Luckily for me, I have a family trip to Aruba to look forward to. That's about the only thing getting me through these cold, dark days.

Oh, this is getting me through too. Audrey found Toby's food and water bowls.
She loves them. I am never buying her a real toy again. Case in point. At the doctor's office. I offered her every real toy I could to make her smile while we waited for the pediatrician to tell us that she did not have strep throat (just a virus... wait it out). All that made her happy? The diaper creme and paper from the table. And the strap of my bag. Everything else? On the floor. Geeze. 

And, even though last week, we were told to just wait it out, now she has some other virus and has to be on a little nebulizer for "breathing treatments." I guess that will be an improvement over all the throw-up that happens when she coughs too hard. And, really, I just want her to feel better. I want to feel better too. I blog better when I feel better and I'm in a bit of a funk.

Give me another one of those bloody mary's and get me on the plane to Aruba though and I'm sure I'll pull out of it...

Kate


Comments

Popular Posts