R.I.P. Cheapo Toshiba Laptop

This laptop has been with me through thick and thin.  When my super pricey Dell pooped out after only a couple of years (only to be fixed under some class-action-imposed-warranty-repair-thing), this $400 Toshiba purchased from Office Max three days before finals came to the rescue and got my through my 2L and 3L years of law school with virtually no problems.  Sure, it's had its issues since then (causing a year + hiatus in its use and a total reboot), but it has been rather faithful when I let it..  I lovingly threw it in my backpack day after day.  I lugged it to and from class with the power cord dragging along behind.  I wrote pages upon pages of bar exam outlines.  I planned my wedding on this thing, kept in touch with friends after the move to Indy, and started our first family blog.  But now, it is time to say goodbye.

This sweet puppy went against his better judgment, bit the cord, and pulled poor Toshiba from the shelf where it had been minding its own business to the floor, where it sustained a fatal injury.  I'm sure a small fortune could be donated to the Geek Squad to try to fix the piece that is clearly broken and rattling around on the inside, but I doubt it's worth it.  So, with that, and the 78% of the battery life remaining on this machine that has stood by my side all these years, I wish the Toshiba a happy and restful computer afterlife.

The blog and Internet shopping will go on from other computers and the memories Toshiba and I have made together will live on in a jump drive.

I should have appreciated you more.

Kate


Comments

Popular Posts